Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow & Frigid Temps

It snowed about a foot a couple of days ago, followed by record breaking cold temps. It‘s a little early for that kind of weather around here. I have to admit we were not totally ready for it. The cats are all mad. (I didn’t have their outside quarters set up for snow.)

We moved all of their stuff off the porch a week or so ago after I got skunked. When I say I got skunked I mean that literally. I went to let Ruby out for her bedtime potty run, and there was a skunk on the porch, snacking on cat food about 2 feet from the door. I saw him, ran the dog off, and took one for the team. It was my fault anyway for leaving the food out that late. Those worthless cats were just sitting there watching that dang skunk eat their food! Fortunately, none of the animals got any skunk juice on them. They were all good to come inside. Un-fortunately, I had to strip down to my skiveys (sp?)in the front yard, before I could come back in. Fun times out in the country!

Well, I got the ok from Randy on my Christmas yard decorations. But, with the early snow and frigid temps, I’m not sure how it’s all going to work out.

No comments: