Friday, August 20, 2010

Nice and boring around here, at least for now.

It’s been pretty hot, but at least there’s nothing exciting to report. I’m sick of bitching about the neighbors anyway.


I haven’t ever mentioned it before, but I used to have a hobby. A long time ago I used to make things out of polymer clay (Fimo & Sculpey). When I broke my toe, and couldn’t really do much, I started thinking about it again. So, I drug my stuff out and started messing around with it. This is dangerous for me because it gets me thinking about selling my little creations. I’m pretty sure I have a fear of success, as well as a fear of failure. (I even ran in to those fears with this blog. I freaked the first time somebody left a comment.) I still haven’t figured out what I’m going to do with the stuff I’ve been making. Maybe you’ll see it in a future post? Or, heck, I might even start an Etsy thing. Who knows?


I’ve been wanting to get my creative fix by using junk around here. Not to sell necessarily, but more to clean things up around here without throwing a bunch of stuff in the landfill. That way I could kill 2 birds with one stone. Plus, we could end up with some cute/cheap/free stuff to use around here. The broken toe really put a damper on that idea. I’m still hopeful though. As my toe heals, and the weather gets cooler, maybe I‘ll be able to get outside and get some stuff put together, or torn apart. I just love tearing things apart! It’s the putting things together that gets me into trouble (eek!).

No comments: