Sunday, August 29, 2010

It’s Starting to Cool Off

It’s cooling off a little and my foot is doing a lot better. This weekend Randy and I finally got out into the yard and did some much needed work. Despite Randy’s terrible allergies, he seems to enjoy wackin’ the heck out of those tall weeds! (We really let the yard go this year.) My job is to follow behind with a rake, pile it all up, and dump it in the make shift composter/garbage cans, or use the grass clippings to fill any weird holes in the yard. It works pretty well.

With composting fresh in my mind, I finally noticed all the fallen apples under the apple tree. Duh? No wonder that tree does so well, even though we don’t do anything to it. And I mean nothing. Ok, we’ve cut a few limbs, just to get them out of the way. We don’t spray the tree, so the apples get kinda buggy. (I’m feeling pretty stupid/lazy right now.) I don’t even want to mention the other fruit trees here that Randy’s dad planted years ago, that we’ve ignored. We could have a freakin’ garden of Eden here if we did a little work. Oh yeah, and with some money. I always forget that one. (Yeah, right) The other thing that keeps me from beating myself up too much, is that more than a year ago, we were just sure that the state was going to boot us out of here.

Hey, now that things have settled down a bit, maybe, just maybe, we’ll get to some of the stuff we‘ve neglected. I’ll warn you though, we are both really good at making excuses. So, don’t get your hopes up too much.

I took some pictures today. I'll get them up tomorrow. It takes a while with dial up and I don't feel like doing it right now.

No comments: