Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Denied!

Big shocker there. Today I talked my new buddy at the planning thingy. He was not a fan of the applicant. We’ll have to wait and see what happens next.

As expected, Ruby was a basket case during the fire works. I wish I could get her some drugs to calm her down. I feel so bad for her. I’ve tried different things to calm her down. Nothing seems to work. I’m just glad it’s over, for the most part. There have been a couple of leftovers, but not too bad.

Although the weather has been really nice, we haven't gotten much done in the yard. I’ve been day dreaming while looking at blogs and sites on the internet. The neighbors across the street like to keep their lawn like a golf course. They both mow every other day, sometimes every day. Then, of course, they run the sprinklers in the heat of the day. I’m thinking they aren’t aware of the concept of conservation. I’m not big on the whole perfect lawn thing. I’d much rather have other, low maintenance, and interesting things going on in the yard. I pulled up the bike eating monster. He just wasn’t working anymore. The bicycle guy is still out there though. Here are some yard art ideas that I like:

I don’t have the tub. But I do have an empty toilet and sink. It’s not a pedestal though.




I think I have the materials I need to do something similar. The question would be where
to put it? Bulbs work great here.




I may have a chair that would work for something like this. Maybe I could create a whole “green” living space? That would be fun. The only down fall on that idea would be the maintenance.

Here’s another fun idea.

I love this guy.

For now I'm going to have to be happy with circles in the lawn. Pictures to follow.

No comments: