Thursday, March 25, 2010

With the weather being pretty good, I’ve been outside quite a bit. It’s just cool enough to slow down the hornets. I can wear a long sleeved t-shirt ( just in case) and still be comfortable. The spiders? Well, you just gotta keep you eyes open for those suckers. That’s what the gloves are for. They only get you when you get in their hidey holes. The hornets come after you for seemingly no reason. We’ve got a lot of bitey- stingy bugs around here. So, we keep the After bite xtra close at hand. That stuff works great. I don’t know what’s in it (don’t care). It works.

The last few days I’ve been working on uncluttering the back porch. Yes, Again. It’s just too easy to throw crap out there. Out of sight, out of mind. Well, with my renewed creative streak, I need some work space. Thus, it makes it my responsibility to clean some of that stuff up. Of course, it’s not all my fault. So, Randy is doing his part too.

I have also found a new appreciation for what I call the “truck shed.” Randy’s brother in law built a shed on the bed and sides of an old international truck. I think it would be cooler if the cab was facing the road. Well, maybe not. He did a pretty thorough job of building a big ole shed. Although, it’s not totally finished, there is a lot of room in that ugly thing. I have hated that thing in the past. But, while I have been going through all our junk, I have to find somewhere to store and organize the stuff that has potential. Of course, I don’t know for sure what the heck I’m going to do with all of it. That’s not the point. Well, I’m not entirely sure what the point is. I’ll figure that out as I go. In the mean time, the cab of the truck gives the cats a hidey hole if the neighbor’s dogs get into our yard again (another story for another day).


A big hidey ho to our buddy Billy!

No comments: