Thursday, October 1, 2009

October ?!

What happened? Have I been asleep this whole time? Nah. It’s starting to get chilly at night. So, we’ve been doing a few things around here to prep for the fast approaching winter. It’s boring stuff so I haven’t posted any of it. I have however, been keeping up on the blogs I read regularly, plus a few others. I have also added a some that seemed interesting to me. I’m sure I’ll add more as I find them.
Given that we will be staying here at least until the spring. Things need to be taken care of in preparation for a long cold winter. So, we’ve been doing some long needed work around here. The last few days have been spent on working on the back porch area. The wind blows right through there, so there was a lot of sweeping, spider web abatement, and general organization. The porch is also the walkway to the shop. We worked on cleaning/organizing the shop a while back. It actually has stayed in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, when we were cleaning up the shop, a lot of stuff got shoved out on to the porch area. It’s been a lot of work.
Randy has more of a hard time getting rid of some of the stuff than me. I seriously purged a bunch of my crap before I moved here, and before I even knew Randy. My mom dumped a bunch of her stuff on us when she and her husband moved into their motor home full time. So, when they got a house, I returned the favor. Now we are having to go through what’s left of the things that were left here by Randy’s parents, his sister, and worse yet, all the junk his brother in law accumulated while they lived here. And, of course, not all of the stuff my mom left got sent back. It’s not as easy as they make it look on TV. At least, not without professional help. The majority of the stuff is truly garbage. Getting rid of trash isn’t free. So we’ve been pecking away at it, little by little, one garbage can at a time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good to see you back blogging, when you guys are done with your place I know another one that could use some cleaning. lol

Mayberry said...

Can you burn trash out there? That's how a lot of folks get rid of stuff in the Texas countryside...

Kim said...

Moe: Thanks. I'm sure you do! :)

Mayberry: Yes, we can burn here, and many people do. I'm not a fan of burning stuff for lots of reasons. We are in a basin, so air quality is an issue. When we have wild fires miles away, the smoke comes in and settles here. The farmers burning their feilds don't help either. Plus, most of our trash isn't stuff you'd want to burn (plastics,old paint,tires, metal, etc.) We recycle what we can.