Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New resident?

The other night while I was waiting for the one picture to load up on the blog, Ruby starts freaking out. She was sniffing and scratching at the bottom of the screen door, high pitched scream barking, the works! I was sure something was out there. We have had a problem with skunks in the past. Don’t want to let her out if one of those critters is hanging around! So, I decide to take a peek before I let her out. Good thing. It was a big ole’ raccoon! It was the biggest, healthiest looking ‘coon I’ve ever seen. I don’t know if it was a big male or a soon to be mama. It seems we got a little lazy about picking up the cat food we leave out for the neighborhood cat, Thomas. He’s the only outsider Ruby lets hang around. No problem. We’ll just pay more attention, and pull the food in the evenings. As much as I like raccoons, I know they can be trouble. It will just have to find somewhere else to get free grub. Sorry, no pics. Hopefully, I won't get another chance.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah, I'm not that hungry, yet. As a matter of fact, I think I would sooner follow them to find the good stuff; be it grub worms or chicken eggs, etc. Plus, I wouldn't want to waste the amo.

Phil said...

Best to be safe than sorry, needless to say. I had a whole family of the varmints take a poll and decide I had the best cat food around once. Needless to say, my cat needed some serious counceling and my ex had to change her britches one time when she opened the door to let the cat in........