Monday, August 11, 2008

Alrighty then.
I am trying to get myself out of this funk I’ve been in for the last few days. My usual way of doing this is finding something I think I can do with relative ease (or enjoy) and just doing it. Some chores may get left aside. But, I figure if it’s something I’ve been putting off because of those chores I don’t really want to do, then maybe it will bring me back up enough to want to take care of the day to day stuff. So I finally did it. I got started on those curtains for the escape pod. Randy gave me the thumbs up on my first attempt. That being said... I suppose I must say the sewing machine came from my mom. I didn't remember the original owner. Thus her comment. She's the one that took some time to teach me how the machine works. I still have the original instructions that have been a helpful reminder. She's in Australia right now, and for some time, with work. I wish she was still here ( in Washington) to help me figure out how to do what I'm trying to do. She knows that machine quite well. We had lots of fun updating her RV's interior when they first got it. Of course, she did the sewing. It's good for me learning how to do it for myself, but still it would be nice to have her here to give some suggestions. Ok, tell me what I'm doing wrong. (hee,hee)
Speaking of mum ( she is in Australia you know), I made a dinner last night that reminded me of growing up. I put a little spin on it. I cooked up some veggie burgers (her's were ground beef). I made some potato flakes( she used real potatoes most of the time). Then of course, peas ( she usually changed it up b/w broc and green beans). Growing up they were separated on the plate. I pretended to be a chef and put the potatoes on top of the patties with the green peas on top of that. A good old fashioned birds in the nest. It was like a personal shepherd's pie. Yummy, and reminded me of home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next you'll be making potatoe sausage soup!!

Soooo, you don't remember having to pull the threads out of what we attempted to sew or how when we pulled a loose thread it totally unraveled?? You'll do fine. I never would have attempted the RV changes without your encouragement.

Mum (I'll figure out my username later)