Sunday, November 2, 2008


One last inspection by the "big dog" Ruby.


Good enough. Bring in the truck.

That's it? I liked it better on the ground.

Now, I know it's not much, but it works for now. That is, as long as it doesn't rain too hard. We had a little rain last night. It's definitely not going to hold snow. We may work on it a little more. The thing to remember is that it's just temporary. If we don't damage it too much, I'd like to be able to use it for shade over the escape pod when it gets warm again. Anyway, Randy's going to have to take some more time off so we can get the heads off and take them in to be worked on. I don't quite get it yet. I'm sure I will when he starts on it. I'm just the tool runner, light holder, and resident medic on these jobs.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

Any shelter is better than nada.... Maybe a PVC prop up for the "peak"?

Phil said...

Don't be selling yerself short now. Fetching wrenches and parts and sometimes just holding something for a minute makes those kinds of jobs a whole lot easier on the one pulling on the wrenches and cussing a blue streak.

Being in out of the weather is a HUGE bonus!

Good luck!