Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don’t judge me too harshly.

We joined the sheeple Friday, for some adventures in shopping. Randy had never done it before, and I thought he should experience it at least once (heh, heh, heh). We got up at 4:30 am and made it to our first store around 5:20. It opened at 5:00. We left the house with a plan. There were about 3 things we were looking for. Shopko was our first stop. This store is usually dead. Not Friday! It was packed! The check out lines snaked around to almost the back of the store. The stuff we were looking for was gone and the other things we might get (socks, t-shirts…) weren’t worth waiting in the lines. We had an hour to kill before the next store opened, so we stopped to get some breakfast. The next store was Office Max. No door busters there. Everything they had was also available on-line at the same price. So, it was much calmer. Remember, we were really just doing this for fun. (Seriously sick people, we are.) Since we were done, we checked out Target. Again looking for t-shirts and socks. It was slim pickins by the time we got there, and again not worth standing in the lines. The main thing that I noticed was that the prices really weren’t that great. Even the clearance stuff was only 50% off. Target has better sales throughout the year. I remember times when these sales were much better, with huge discounts. It was pretty disappointing. I kept threatening Randy with heading over to the mall, but that was just asking to much. Anyway, a fun time was had by all. And because we got up so early, we got a few things done around the house when we got home.

3 comments:

WrethaOffGrid said...

I worked TOO many years in malls and in retail, I quit last year just about this time, it was shortly before we moved to our off grid home, you will NOT find me standing in line or camping outside the store all night long just to save a few dollars. I remember the stampedes of crazy, impatient grouchy shoppers, the insanity, all of this is artificially created by and for retail stores, I'm so glad I don't have to put up with all of the nonsense, I refuse to participate. Nothing personal, but you people are crazy... LOL I've always wanted to say that to the line of people who camped out all night outside my store, crazy peoples. :)

Really, I hope you had fun, I'm glad you didn't camp out all night, though you might have gotten the "good deals" if you had.

Mayberry said...

I'm with Wretha, are you NUTS? Ha ha. Hope y'all had fun. I don't even go to the mall on slow days....

Kim said...

Oh, you really must, Mayberry. That's how you can to see just how low we americans have sunken. hee, hee...
It's a sad sorry state.