Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still chilly, but at least the sun has been coming out more regularly.

The sunshine is great for my mood. The chill is good because we can go out in the back yard and look through the junk without being ambushed by the hornets. Most of the stuff hanging around, I have put my hands on at some time, just moving it out of sight, or in an attempt to organize it. I get overwhelmed every time. I see potential in a lot of it. Thinking about that makes my head swim as well. Do I want to just have a junk sale, and let other people do what they want with whatever they find? How would I price junk? Can I fix something up and sell it? Is there a market for fixed up/repurposed junk? I see that people are doing it. But, are they making any money at it, or just doing it out of love? Anyway, you can see, lots of thoughts bounce around my head on this subject.
So, just for fun, I’m using some of that junk for my yard art projects. Yep, that’s plural. Right now I’m working on a scarecrow type guy on a bicycle jumping over the pump shed towards the soon to be garden. Maybe he’s trying to jump over it? I’m going to go with some suggestions I received, and not worry about what the neighbors think. I have too much other stuff to worry about. Plus, it’s fun for me and makes me smile. I’ve done a couple of things in the past, but I’m ready to kick it up a notch. I'll try to takes pic.s as I go.

Note: You gotta watch that country music. Some of those songs are depressing. So, I just move up and down the dial.

No comments: