Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelts...

Ok, here we go. I got an e-mail from the AG's office this morning. They are starting foreclosure proceedings against us and the other heirs. I don't really know what all that entails, or how long it's going to take.

What I'm curious about is, where are all these people that are getting kicked out of their houses going to go? Are there going to be huge tent cities living outside of thousands of empty houses? Maybe those survivalist guys are right about the FEMA camps. The houses won't be distroyed, but no one will be able to afford to live in them. There are lots of people being layed off. So, they can't pay their morgages. Then, they lose the house. Let's pretend there were jobs to be had. Ever try getting a job without an address? This is a very slippery slope. In our case, it's not an unpaid morgage. ( This place was paid off a long time ago.) In our situation it's the state wanting money back for Randy's mom's care. I've gone into this before. Anyway, we have this travel trailer (a.k.a. the escape pod). So, I guess we'll be the ones with the fancy tent? Where we're going to put this thing is a whole different matter. Sure, we've got the land in Texas. I have to ask though, just how in the hell we are supposed to get it there? Oh, I know what it will take, money. We could stay here while Randy still has a job. But then we'd have to pay for a spot in an RV park with utilities, water, and sewage. We might as well move into an apartment if we were to go that route. Either way, there would be no way to get ahead enough to get to our land in Texas. Yet another slippery slope. And to think, this all could have been avoided. I've gone into the reason behind that before. I'd rather not do it again. There's a special place in hell for some folks. Hmmm, looks like I can still get mad. Maybe it's the sunshine. Too bad I won't be able to get that garden started. Apparently, now I have other things to worry about.

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

I reckon it varies by state, but forclosure for me took about six months last time around.... Might take a bit longer now due to volume.....

I would imagine RV park rent to be significantly cheaper than apartment rent! Decent 2 bed apartments run $700 or more around here, closer to $800. RV park rent (which is on the high side for the area, but it's a nice park) is $300, water/garbage/sewer included. RV electric bill should be less than an apartment too....

I sure hope y'all catch a break, you need it!

Kim said...

Thanks dude, I'm just not fond of the idea of being homeless. I know, I know, if you've got a mobile home, you're not homeless. Trust me, that was not anymore comforting when I heard it from our deal breakers. I'm just trying to figure all this shit out. Oh, It's only going to get more interesting as we go.

Anonymous said...

I recently saw a video by state congresswoman Marcy Kaptur of Ohio advising people in her district that were being foreclosed upon to stay put and squat. Get a lawyer. Since mortgages have been bought and sold so much, often the original note cannot be located. Your first demand should be, "show me the note," or take a hike!
I just did this google search and all the info is there!

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Steve
Williams, IN

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=congresswoman+recommends+squatting&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=