Thursday, April 7, 2011

Been a while

Sorry, it’s been so long since I’ve posted anything. I’d jot stuff down, but then I’d forget to post it, and it would be outdated by the time I would think about it again. Now that the weather is getting better, things are happening around here. Here are a few things going on.
Gardening: I decided to experiment with a lasagna garden this year. It’s basically layers of stuff you would normally compost. It’s super simple. Perfect for a lazy gardener without a rototiller, like me. You can easily google it, so I’m not going to go into the details. I also recently read, over on Farmnatters’ blog, about potato cages. That looks like a great idea! It would go along with my lasagna garden too. I’m a little worried about the critters we’ve got around here. The skunks usually just go for the cat food. But, lately we’ve seen a couple of raccoons. I’d hate to have to cage/fence up my garden. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see on that one. Next on the list will be to get a few trees from the Arbor Day Foundation. Randy isn’t sure I will keep them watered. I hope to prove him wrong. I’m all about experimenting with gardening this year.
On another note : Randy and I have been talking about me going back to school. To do the program I want to do we’d have to up grade our computer system. I’d have to do it on line because none of the schools close by offer it on campus. Of course, money is always an issue, so we’ll see how this all works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I'll be back in the states for the month of July & hopefully I'll be able to complete Dorothy's will which would mean you'll have a check headed your way soon. It's not much but it should/could help some.