Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shoes and a little news

I can finally wear shoes again! I can’t say I’m totally healed, but it’s much better. I still have to be careful.
Monday I got an official e-mail from the county about the mess behind us. I already knew he had been denied the kennel permit. The e-mail just went into detail why he was denied. And of course, our names and e-mail were mentioned in opposition. It looks like they had plenty against him without us saying anything, but the planner guy really wanted me to send something.

As suspected, we were the only people in the neighborhood who had anything to say. It was disheartening to say the least. It really makes me feel like going into isolation mode and not helping anyone around here the next time they need it. No more chit chatting on the side of the road. No more smiling and waving as they drive by. I know, it makes me as bad as them. I just don’t care any more. Randy tried to tell me, but I hoped he was exaggerating. Nope. They suck.

On the bright side, some of the meth-heads appear to be moving out. They don’t have much choice now that code enforcement has finally gotten involved. I’m sure we’re not done with this whole thing yet. So, stay tuned.

No comments: