Monday, July 12, 2010

Ouch!!!

No work going on here. I broke my pinky toe Thursday night. I got up in the middle of the night to go potty and kicked the crap out of a chair leg next to the bedroom door. The chair leg resembles my little toe, minus the swelling and bruising. I’m not sure if the crack I heard was the chair leg or my toe. Today, I can walk around bare footed (a little) without too much pain, putting weight on my heel and big toe. So, no outdoor work and very little inside. It’s driving me crazy! I may be admittedly lazy, but having no choice in the matter is another thing!


Summer has shown up here. It’s hot! No excitement from behind us. They are laying low for now. I am (and most likely the county) giving them until the end of the month before the next move. I’m not sure what exactly that’s going to entail.


For some reason, unknown to me, the folks across the street are avoiding us like the plague. Yeah, that’s a major concern for us right now. Although, it could just be the indigenous flora (weeds) we have allowed to grow on the street side of our fence. It’s growing like gang busters out there with no water. Hmmm…Why is that? A funny thing happened when we were digging post holes for the fence in the area that’s growing the best. We found all these round rocks covered it black stuff. Randy told me not to handle them bare handed. Long story short; apparently their leaching field for their septic tank comes this way. This used to be a truly rural area. The whole neighborhood was once owned by one family. The Weidles, and yes, they are relatives of the folks that live across the street. Randy got lots of history from his dad, who was friendly with most all the people around here. Seriously, there is not a happy little spring over there. It’s run off poop water. The plants seem to like it. Plus, there’s not much we could do about it at this point, even if we really want to. I say hey, let the guy across the street enjoy his parents’ handy work. I don’t really care all that much. It’s the furthest corner away from our place.


We’ve talked about planting some trees over there. Not fruit trees of course, but something else maybe. Right now we’ve got Russian olive trees coming up. We already have a couple of full grown Russian olive trees. Those things are a pain to deal with. They break and keep growing, creating a tangled mess. They have thorns on the branches, making them hard to trim. Then, what do you with the trimmings? Blah, blah, blah, we hate ‘em. I’ve rambled on long enough for today. I’m just sure something interesting will happen tomorrow.

No comments: